Are you kidding me?

Okay so we were all healthy, right? Finally.

Ivy’s nose remained snot-free for a mere five days. On Saturday it started back up again, but she was still her happy little self. All day Sunday she was good too. And then Sunday night happened. 

She cried and screamed and cried and screamed and was just a complete and total mess all. night. long. Okay, that’s an exagerration. She did sleep well from about 11-3, so it wasn’t a total loss.

Somewhere in the middle of the night I realized her behaviour was very similar to when she had a double ear infection a measly month ago. In the morning I got organized quickly so that we could make it to the walk-in clinic right when it opened.

And we did make it there for right when it opened. Except apparently you can go and sign in before it opens. No one told me, so right away we were set up for an hour wait. The clinic is in our favorite grocery store, so we wandered around a bit, opened up some snacks, looked at toys, then headed back to the waiting room. Ivy threw up a bit, which was awesome- EVERYONE in the waiting room made this gasping sound all at the same time while Ivy made that terrible puking sound. Thankfully she hadn’t eaten in awhile so it was just a tiny puke. Then she fell right to sleep, right there in the waiting room.

We saw the doctor, who didn’t even wake her up while he peeked in her one available ear (the other being pressed up against my chest), said her ear was infected, “poor little thing”, and gave us a prescription.

We booted it over to the pharmacy where they said it would be ready in 30 minutes. What do pharmacists even do that it takes thirty full minutes to measure out some antibiotics (that I’m fairly sure are pre-mixed)? Ah, so frustrating!!

By the time we finally got outta there we’d been in Superstore for a full two hours. Terrible. Ivy was pretty much still sleeping and slept pretty much until we got to my parents an hour and a quarter away. She had a little lunch and a little visit and went back to sleep for three more hours. 


By bedtime I’d managed to squeeze in three doses of antibiotics and she slept much better. By the morning she was almost back to her normal self. By the afternoon she was even better. Today she learned to nod yes, she practiced walking a LOT more than she ever has, and she went up and down my parents stairs like thirty times. It was a good day, and I’m just so glad she’s feeling better. She holds the record for most ear infections of any of our kids, and I sure hope that’s the last one she has!

Now God, I think my family has had more than it’s fair share of illness this winter, and I ask that you please give us a break, at least until next winter. Thanks man. 


2 thoughts on “Are you kidding me?

  1. Carla says:

    Poor Ivy & poor you! Hopefully with the beautiful weather that has got to be right around the corner the germs will leave you all alone for awhile!

I love your comments! Leave one!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s